11. HYDROXONE OZONE GENERATOR
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- Read and Follow All Safety Instructions
- Read and be familiar with this manual before installing or operating your new Hydroxzone Ozone Generator.
- Voltage must be determined before unit is installed.
- Do not bury cord.
- Connect only to a properly grounded, grounding type receptacle.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- This appliance is to be supplied through a residual current device (RCD) having a rated residual operating current not exceeding 30 mA.
- The unit must be mounted in a horizontal position. See installation guide.
- The equipment should be installed undercover to avoid exposure to rain.
- Install to provide drainage of compartment for electrical components.
- Wear safety glasses when drilling and tapping holes for installation of unit.
Disconnect all power to pool equipment prior to installation, maintenance, or removal of the Hydroxzone Ozone Generator.
Do not permit children to operate this product.
To avoid risk of electric shock, fire, or injury, service should only be performed by a qualified pool service professional.
Installation must be performed in accordance with the National Electric Code and any applicable local or state installation codes.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
11.1 Introduction To Hydrozxone
The Hydroxzone Ozone Generator produces ozone when air is drawn across a special high-energy vacuum ultraviolet lamp (VUV), converting some air to ozone.
CAUTION: Make sure voltage is the same as prescribed on the side of Hydroxzone Ozone Generator.
11.2 Electrical Installation
Hydroxzone Ozone Generator unit is designed to operate on either 120 or 240 VAC, 50/60 HZ. Wire Hydroxzone Ozone Generator unit to circulation pump switch or timer. Hydroxzone Ozone Generator unit and circulation pump should be started simultaneously. Use N.E.C. or local code grounding and installation procedures for swimming pool equipment.
Avoid running the ozone unit on short cycles. The useful life of the UV lamp will be reduced if stop/ start operation is performed.
CAUTION: Make sure the voltage is the same as prescribed on the side of the Hydroxzone ozone generator. Over voltage will void customer warranty.
11.3 Hydroxone Troubleshooting Guide
|No light from Hydroxzone unit||
No Power to Unit
Defective Lamp or other Internal Component
Check all wiring connections
Check voltage compatibility Check power source
Return unit to dealer
|No bubbles from injector or no evidence of ozone in pool||
Excessive back pressure
Leak in fitting
Filter not working
Check for kinks or clogs in hose or pluming
|Water in Hydroxzone unit||Check valve failure||Verify check valve in Venturi is operating properly|
|Cloudy water; foamy water; scum||
Water chemistry out of balance
Total dissolved solids (TDS) level is too high
Filter not working
Check readings and balance accordingly
Refer to dealer for proper water testing
Clean or replace filter